Downloading old tap forms?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Applemagic
    Participant

Hi! iam new here and not so good in English, my dilemma is, I have the latest bento on my iMac and on my iPhone, and I really like it, I have the latest iOS on my phone but only OS X 10.8.5 mountain lion on my iMac, the dilemma is if I download Yosemite bento wount work, and if I don’t, the latest tap forms wouldn’t work in mountin lion. So my question is why can’t I download an older version of tap forms that’s works in my mountin lion so I can test to move my database from bento to tap forms, and see if it does the job for me! and a another thing OS X Yosemite seems to be a very unstable system, if you reed about these one that’s installed it.
    So what shall I do?

Reegards
    Gunnar

January 25, 2015 at 2:34 PM #12793

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Gunnar,

You could always export all of your Bento templates on Mountain Lion and then upgrade to Yosemite and then import them into Tap Forms.

However, you may be able to get the old version of Tap Forms only if you have already purchased it. I haven’t tried this, but you may be able to purchase the new version from a Yosemite or Mavericks Mac and then install the old version from your Purchase history on the Mac App Store onto your older Mountain Lion Mac.

Apple has a document about that here:

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201377

The way it works on iOS if you have an older iOS version is you can use iTunes to purchase the latest version and then use the App Store on your iOS device to download the latest compatible version for your device. I think it may work also on OS X, but the Mac App Store won’t let you purchase a version of an app which is not compatible with your OS version. My theory is that if you purchase with a newer OS version (even on someone else’s Mac), then maybe you can install the last compatible version on your older OS from the Purchase history screen.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 25, 2015 at 11:53 PM #12802

Applemagic
    Participant

Hello Brendan

You’re first idea i tougt of myself, it’s the easiest I think, but than I have to upgrade to Yosemite, and that feels no good, because if it’s so “bad”
    That users say it’s not easy to go back to mountain lion.

The other idea doesn’t work because I only have one computer,
    The thing is that I have so many files in my bento program that I was forced to convert once before from Appleworks to bento, I don’t now how many hours I put into that, so I really want to be sure that it works.

One other thing I wounder about, how long time will tap forms be there?
    Bento was owend by “the big” FileMaker but they put down bento anyway.
    Just a thought?

But it don’t seems to be any other program than yours that can do what bento does, so in the end i probably have to update to Yosemite, but I think I will wate to I can see Yosemite is less unstable.

Tank you for your answer
    Gunnar

January 26, 2015 at 3:40 AM #12803

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Gunnar,

Well, I’ve been working on Tap Forms since 2008. That’s 7 years so far. I guess we’ll see how long I can keep it up. Hopefully until I take my last breath, which I hope will be a very very long time from now.

The nice thing about Tap Forms is that it can import your Bento templates. So migrating to Tap Forms is probably much easier than it was to migrate from AppleWorks to Bento.

I don’t think Yosemite is as bad as perhaps some people are making it out to be. I’ve been using it for quite a while now and I like it. Sure there are some bugs here and there, but Apple releases updates regularly so it’s going to get better over time.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.