Documents Gone

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Carolyn
    Participant

This is the 2nd time this has happened. I have 2 sets of documents with several Forms set up. Then we had an update, now everything is gone in 2 of the 3 documents. They are still on my iPhone, but gone from my computer.The 3rd Documents is intact. Why did 2 Document loses all their forms?
    I’m bummed that I can’t trust this new version yet. I’d love to switch over but I can’t have all my data disappear.

September 23, 2016 at 9:21 PM #19767

Brendan
    Keymaster

If you send me your documents that aren’t showing your forms I’ll see if I can figure out what the problem is. I had someone else with a similar problem, but the data showed fine for me.

September 24, 2016 at 5:27 AM #19773

Carolyn
    Participant

Do you mean the empty ones? I’m hesitant to do that because if they show, they would contain personal information such as our bank register. Not that I don’t trust you but you know what I mean.

September 24, 2016 at 10:48 AM #19780

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Carolyn,

I was referring to sending me a full backup of your file.

I understand the sensitive nature of your data though. One thing you can do is use the Export Tap Forms Archive function on the forms with the empty records, then create a new database document file, then use the Import Tap Forms Archive command to import the archive file you just created. See if that allows the data to be shown.

September 24, 2016 at 1:11 PM #19792

Carolyn
    Participant

No go unfortunately.

It would be nice to have a backup button at the top and not just in Prefs or auto on quit. I keep Taprooms open all the time and do a manual backup after heavy use.

I haven’t done any backups in the new version yet. I guess that would have saved the document but I’m not leaving the previous version anytime soon though.

September 24, 2016 at 3:23 PM #19794

Brendan
    Keymaster

There’s also a backup command in the File menu you can access.

When you say “no go”, do you mean that Tap Forms didn’t create a .tfarc file for you or when you imported into an empty document nothing happened?

September 24, 2016 at 3:26 PM #19795

Carolyn
    Participant

Sorry, when I imported nothing imported.

See the backup in the file menu. Thanks for pointing it out. That makes it a bit easier.

I just opened the document on both my iPad, which still has everything, and my iMac and checked sync settings. The iPad is saying “Synchronization had failed” Error syncing with Carolyns iMac-3.local, reason: missing. Both show in one anther’s list. I’m syncing via wifi.
    Yet me document is showing in my list and opens, just all the data is gone.

September 24, 2016 at 4:20 PM #19797

Carolyn
    Participant

Yet me document is showing in my list and opens, just all the data is gone. – that should read my document is showing, not me document!

September 24, 2016 at 5:23 PM #19798

Brendan
    Keymaster

I would perhaps recommend making a backup of your document on your iPad if it’s all good over there and then copy that over to your Mac. Open it up there and see if all the data shows.

September 25, 2016 at 4:25 PM #19810

rockies
    Participant

Same thing happened to me. On my iPhone, all of my forms were gone within my document. Fortunately, I had the document (and forms) on my desktop computer and I was able to send the database from my desktop to my iPhone.

I had just experienced a significant problem with my data usage on my iPhone (an 800+ MB spike in DNS Servers data on System Services) and had to speak with Apple. They downloaded my diagnostics and usage data and discovered the problem with with the phone software and the cellular network trying to communicate ineffectively. The Apple rep had me Reset system settings and then update my iOS from 10.0.1 to 10.0.2.

After 45 minutes on the phone with Apple and my cellular service provider, I was able to start the upgrade process. It was at this point that I was trying to access TapForms for my passwords when I saw the files were gone on my iPhone.

Everything appears to be back to normal. Called cellular provider and they credited my account for $30 to pay for the data overage. Everyone was very helpful, but 3 hours later, I am still restoring my settings from this software glitch on my iPhone.

September 29, 2016 at 9:36 AM #19841

Kari Bourgeois
    Participant

I am experiencing this same issue. When I attempted to move the backup from my phone to my mac, the same thing happens. 90% of my data is gone.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.