Dividing Large Database Documents

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

OkieG8r
    Participant

Hello all,

I’ve been using TapForms since migrating from Bento years ago and love it. So much so, that my original database now contains 35+ forms and occupies >2 GB of storage. It is my peripheral brain and most used app on my phone. I’m not so concerned about the size for the MacOS version, but do have available space issues on the iPhone – I really don’t need for all the forms to be on the phone. SO, am wanting to transfer some of the forms and data to a different database document that I do not sync with the phone.

Looking for guidance as to the best way to do so to preserve all the data in a new functional document. Anybody have any experience doing this? Any advice or instructions would be greatly appreciated.

January 24, 2019 at 2:06 AM #33535

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Okie,

You can use the Export Tap Forms Archive function to save a form to a .tfarc file. The .tfarc file will contain the form template, all records, linked forms, and photos and file attachments.

You can then create a new document and use the Import Tap Forms Archive function to import that .tfarc file into the new document.

That’s how you can split things up into smaller documents. The original document will remain untouched.

Thanks!

Brendan

January 26, 2019 at 7:14 AM #33548

OkieG8r
    Participant

Thanks, Brendan.

That is what I thought, but lacked the confidence to proceed until I was certain. Will do just as you’ve described sometime this week. As always, appreciate the excellent tech support and product. Wouldn’t know what to do without my peripheral brain.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.