Displaying Saved Search on Apple Watch

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Eddy
    Participant

Hello Guys!

I am using tapforms also as a powerfull vocabulary database. Therefore syncing with the iPhone and Apple Watch is a great feature.

For understandable reasons the sync with the Apple Watch only loads some entries a a time, and you have to click to load 20 more entries. Okay, otherwise the performance would become weak. I see …

I tried to solve that issue by creating topic-lists, that I store as saved searches. So, I have a fish list with all the fish-words as the saved search “Fisch-Liste”. On the iPhone I can see and use it, and it’s awesome id you are in a fisch restaurant. ;-)

But I do not manage to see this list (saved search) on the Apple Watch.

Any ideas?

All the best, regards,

Eddy

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Brendan. Reason: Moved to Using Tap Forms forum
    December 1, 2022 at 8:08 PM #48395

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hey Eddy,

I moved this topic to the Using Tap Forms forum. It didn’t belong in the Script Talk forum where you posted it.

So this used to work, but I’m not sure what happened to it. You used to be able to press down on the screen on the records list view to display the search commands. There was even voice search and you could tap a button to see the list of saved searches which you could then select. I didn’t change anything or remove that function in my code. I think with the removal of the Force Touch from watchOS 7, that feature simply vanished. I was trying to find a different way of engaging Force Touch, but it seems there’s no alternative. So I’ll have to think about what alternatives there can be for displaying that menu of search options.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.