Displaying issues when syncing across macs with different screen sizes

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Displaying issues when syncing across macs with different screen sizes

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author

Guillaume Kuster
    Participant

Hi,

I ran into a bug on my 13″ Macbook Pro where Tap forms’ window dimensions would remain the size they last were on my 27″ iMac. See screen grabs for clarification.

Even if I resize the window (or use full screen mode), table views don’t show the whole content, and I can’t see the toolbar. This only occurred on one database (I don’t mind sending this one to you if you want to check it). I tried to quit and relaunch tap forms to no effect, tried to force quit the app… The same displaying bug remains.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    January 7, 2019 at 8:23 PM #33320

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Guillaume,

Try quitting Tap Forms, then launch the Terminal application and enter in this command:

defaults delete com.tapzapp.tapforms-mac

Then press the Return key.

Now launch Tap Forms and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 8, 2019 at 9:53 AM #33329

Guillaume Kuster
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Thanks.

I did as you instructed, but it didn’t help; it still look wrong. I guess the command was executed as the sample forms reappeared on the welcome screen.

The layout looks at it should for a split second if I toggle full screen mode and then is all messed up again.

-Guillaume

January 21, 2019 at 12:18 PM #33506

Guillaume Kuster
    Participant

Hi again,

the issue is still going on.

Can I send you a backup of the form so that you can figure out what’s wrong? How would I do that (the file is 16MB large)

Thanks,

-Guillaume

January 21, 2019 at 1:21 PM #33507

Brendan
    Keymaster

You can email files that big with Apple Mail. There’s a function called Mail Drop, which if enabled, allows you to send files with Apple Mail up to 5 GB big.

Send to support@tapforms.com

January 28, 2019 at 6:27 AM #33566

Guillaume Kuster
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

could you make any progress on that issue, did you have time to look into the file I sent you over email ?

Thanks,

-Guillaume

January 28, 2019 at 11:03 AM #33569

Brendan
    Keymaster

I didn’t receive the file yet it seems.

January 28, 2019 at 11:04 AM #33570

Brendan
    Keymaster

One other issue I have is I’ve only got a MacBook Pro. I don’t have any other screen sizes so testing on different screen sizes would be difficult.

January 31, 2019 at 7:48 AM #33595

Guillaume Kuster
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I checked and I sent you the file via email on Jan, 21st at support@tapforms.com. I’ll send it again now.

best,

-Guillaume

January 31, 2019 at 2:20 PM #33602

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes, you’re right. I don’t know how I missed it. Sometimes when I use 3d-touch on my iPhone to preview a note instead of leaving it unread so when I get back to my Mac I see it as unread, it marks it as read, so then I miss it. That must have been what happened. I’m usually very conscious of that issue and try to prevent it. Sorry for the delay.

So I have your file now.

But I’m not seeing any issues when I go to full screen mode on my MacBook Pro.

I’ve entered and exited full screen mode several times on each of the forms and each time it looks proper to me.

What happens if you press the option key and then click the green (+) window expand button? That should just resize the window to fit the screen without going into full screen mode.

February 11, 2019 at 2:55 AM #33712

derek
    Participant

Hi Brendan

I’ve been having this problem too.. for a few months now (I seldom use on laptop) i can’t seem to resolve it either. full screen to normal doesn’t reset the view, and at normal window size the window cannot be moved with mouse. Switching from Normal Screen to Full Screen, you can see everything for a split second.. then almost everything disappears except for documents list.

for a moment, I did get it to display normal and my form(s) was showing double fields(not everywhere) but a lot. FYI: My forms and database are from previous version(s).. Tap Forms 3?

have tried the terminal command but to no avail.

I’m on latest Tap but macos 10.13.6

thanks
    derek

February 11, 2019 at 3:02 AM #33713

Guillaume Kuster
    Participant

Hi Derek and Brendan,

We went back and forth with Brendan via email to try to troubleshoot the issue to no avail. Then I didn’t have much time to continue the conversation with Brendan.

I ended up exporting all forms as .tfarc files from the misbehaving document, created a new document and imported the .tfarc files one by one. It works for now, except in the multi column list view where I can see the entries as a list, but can’t see the data if the lower part of the window.

Best,

-Guillaume

February 11, 2019 at 6:06 AM #33721

derek
    Participant

Hi Guillaume

thanks for the info. did you export/import from the original(main version) or the laptop? or only import into the laptop?

I have looked at my other databases and it seems there’s a bug somewhere. when I switch(from menu, list is NOT visible) databases, they don’t appear properly but clicking on menu bar and into window makes them appear.. so the screen is not refreshing for some reason. it works after that, until I switch to the “main” one again.. and then it fails to properly display again

thanks
    derek

February 20, 2019 at 3:39 PM #33814

derek
    Participant

Hi Brendan and Guillaume

I seemed to have solved my problem. checking all, I found that it was set to sync on “nearby” and not iCloud(which it shouldnt have been). switched it over and was still acting funny, and disappearing layouts etc.. but managed to create a new layout when I could see the menu, and now it seems to work again.

I’m creating a new layout now and was wondering if there’s a way to rotate a field 90 degrees? I have a number field that I would like to read when the printed page is turned..

thanks
    derek

February 21, 2019 at 12:33 AM #33816

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Derek,

There’s no function to rotate fields. Sorry. I did work on that a little while ago, but it got all wonky when you tried to type into the rotated fields. So I gave up on that for now.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 14 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.