Displaying issues when syncing across macs with different screen sizes

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Displaying issues when syncing across macs with different screen sizes

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Brendan 1 day ago.

• Author

Guillaume Kuster
    Participant

Hi,

I ran into a bug on my 13″ Macbook Pro where Tap forms’ window dimensions would remain the size they last were on my 27″ iMac. See screen grabs for clarification.

Even if I resize the window (or use full screen mode), table views don’t show the whole content, and I can’t see the toolbar. This only occurred on one database (I don’t mind sending this one to you if you want to check it). I tried to quit and relaunch tap forms to no effect, tried to force quit the app… The same displaying bug remains.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    January 7, 2019 at 8:23 PM #33320

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Guillaume,

Try quitting Tap Forms, then launch the Terminal application and enter in this command:

defaults delete com.tapzapp.tapforms-mac

Then press the Return key.

Now launch Tap Forms and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 8, 2019 at 9:53 AM #33329

Guillaume Kuster
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Thanks.

I did as you instructed, but it didn’t help; it still look wrong. I guess the command was executed as the sample forms reappeared on the welcome screen.

The layout looks at it should for a split second if I toggle full screen mode and then is all messed up again.

-Guillaume

January 21, 2019 at 12:18 PM #33506

Guillaume Kuster
    Participant

Hi again,

the issue is still going on.

Can I send you a backup of the form so that you can figure out what’s wrong? How would I do that (the file is 16MB large)

Thanks,

-Guillaume

January 21, 2019 at 1:21 PM #33507

Brendan
    Keymaster

You can email files that big with Apple Mail. There’s a function called Mail Drop, which if enabled, allows you to send files with Apple Mail up to 5 GB big.

Send to support@tapforms.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.