Displaying info already entered in another form?

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Displaying info already entered in another form?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

tonyt
    Participant

Hi
    I have a master form of 150 records with over 20 fields. I want to be able to display say three of the fields in another form / window. Once I have one view sorted I can then build other combinations to display my data in several different ways. I have tried link to form in various ways with no luck. Can someone out there help. Once I have seen how its done I’m sure its simple, but without a user manual I am stumped and just going round in circles.
    Cheers
    tonyt

December 8, 2013 at 1:02 PM #8160

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tony,

When you say you had no luck with the Link to Form function, can you tell me what the issue was?

Tap Forms Mac will display the contents of related records in the Link to Form field. Version 2.0 will also let you pick which fields to display from the linked (child) form.

Thanks,

Brendan

December 13, 2013 at 5:49 AM #8197

tonyt
    Participant

Hi Brendan
    What I am after is to have a master form holding all info and then child forms displaying ltd info as per attached. Maybe v2 for mac will let me do that?
    cheers
    tonyt

December 13, 2013 at 5:51 AM #8198

tonyt
    Participant

attached seems to be missing!

December 13, 2013 at 1:11 PM #8201

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tony,

Hmm… you mean the button to attach a file is missing from the bottom of the forum for you? It seems to be there for me.

In any case, Version 2.0 will still display the linked records in a table view format, but you will have control over which fields will be displayed there.

Thanks,

Brendan

December 14, 2013 at 12:46 AM #8214

tonyt
    Participant

Hi Brendan
    its there, I attached a small numbers file twice?
    Cheers
    tony

December 14, 2013 at 12:47 AM #8215

tonyt
    Participant

Is it now?

December 14, 2013 at 11:43 AM #8229

Brendan
    Keymaster

No, I don’t see any attachments from you.

I just attached a file to test.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    December 14, 2013 at 11:55 AM #8233

tonyt
    Participant

Thks Bredan
    Got your shot!
    I have been running NOScript on Firefox and it stopped me posting a file!
    Here goes again…..

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    December 15, 2013 at 1:17 AM #8242

Brendan
    Keymaster

Tap Forms will display information from the linked forms, but it’s in a table view with the field names across the top and the values underneath in rows.

Version 2.0 doesn’t display them any different than version 1.5, with the exception that I removed the section headings from displaying in the linked form.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.