Display Data From Linked Records in List

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Josh Abshire
    Participant

Hey there.  I’m working on a database to help manage a provide club.  I want to be able to manage the details around membership and the several parties that we throw throughout the year.  This database consists of several forms:

• Members
      • Just a simple form containing a list of members.  No issues here.
      • One-to-many relationship with Cancellations, Parties, and Background checks.
    • Cancellations
      • I will be using this form to track when someone cancels.
      • Many-to-one relationship with Members and Parties
    • Parties
      • Each time we have a party, I create an entry here to document basic party details, such as attendance, any issues noted, etc.
      • One-to-many relationship with Members and Cancellations.
    • Background Checks
      • I’ll be documenting here when background checks have been completed for prospective members.
      • Many-to-one relationship with Members

When viewing a cancellation, I want to be able to see the member’s name displayed on the cancellation.  Currently, with the one-to-many relationship field, I only see the label for the relationship field and a count of the number of member records associated to it.  I would like to display the member name from the linked member record directly on the cancellation record.  I tried using a calculation field for this, but it adds a “Count” function to the formula and when I take the count function off, it doesn’t show anything.  I would like to do the same thing with the Party Name field on my “Parties” form.  Is it possible to do what I’m looking to do?

February 14, 2024 at 3:31 PM #50488

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Josh,

Do you have the Show Inverse Relationship option enabled on your Link to Form fields? That’ll create a Link From Form field that will show the parent record on the child record form. You can then use a formula to pick out specific values from the parent form to display on the child form.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.