Display calculated field from linked form on main form

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Display calculated field from linked form on main form

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Christian
    Participant

Hi

I’m currently re-building a database in tap forms, which I used with bento. Most of the things work pretty good or even better.

One thing I haven’t found so far is a way to display a calculated field from a linked form in my main form. In the attached screenshot, I have an example from my Bento file.
    Basically I have a calculated field in my main form which is called “Anzahl Aufgaben” (Number of tasks). The calculation is in the form Operation | Form | Field, in this case I have the count of values in the field Titel in the related Aufgaben Library.

Is it possible to do this with tap forms, and if so, how?

Thank you for your help
    Christian

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    October 9, 2014 at 7:29 PM #11049

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Christian,

I haven’t built the functionality to reference fields from linked forms from within a calculation formula. But you can get the total of a Link to Form field’s field by setting the Calculation Type property on the linked form. Then you will see it displayed at the bottom of the linked form’s list of records. Sorry if that sounded confusing. Basically when you see the table of records from a linked form, you can tell Tap Forms to display the grand totals below the records. Click the sigma button to show them.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 20, 2014 at 11:12 AM #11175

Christian
    Participant

Thank you Brendan for your reply.

Do you have any plans to implement this or a similar functionality in TapForms?

Christian

October 21, 2014 at 1:45 PM #11197

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Christian,

Anything is possible given enough time and clones of me :-)

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.