Disappearing data

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Philip Tate
    Participant

I gave up on this app once because data entered in one column appeared in another and wiped out the original data. Then there was an update, and I hoped these fatal bugs had been fixed, so I started using it again. Tonight I entered data manually in a column, did a cloud sync, and some of the entries disappeared. This is a feature rich, attractive app, but data integrity is paramount. I respectfully submit that more effort needs to be put into testing and less into new features. A database app that doesn’t take care of my data 100% of the time is beyond worthless.
    I’m using 2.1 (449) and Mac OS 10.9.1 and version 3.7 on my iPad (7.0.6).

February 24, 2014 at 8:38 PM #9189

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Philip,

I have a fix for this specific issue in the pipeline. I’m hoping to send it to Apple in the next couple of days.

Do you have a backup of your data you can restore to?

Thanks,

Brendan

February 25, 2014 at 5:13 AM #9199

Philip Tate
    Participant

Thanks. This time it was only a few items so I retyped them. Another issue I had last night was trying to export my data as tab delimited. The app hung up and I had to force quit it. I tried several times, same result, then exported as csv and it worked all right. For some time I’ve noticed that tab delimited files are exported with the csv extension.
    Good luck.

February 25, 2014 at 8:02 PM #9203

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Philip,

I think this can happen if you change the default file extension when exporting. Is that what you did?

Thanks,

Brendan

February 26, 2014 at 4:43 AM #9214

Philip Tate
    Participant

You caught me. Yes, I changed the extension to .tab That used to work.

February 26, 2014 at 8:12 PM #9223

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Philip,

I was looking into that code last night. It’s something I should take care of. It shouldn’t matter what extension you’re using. But there’s code in there specifically to look for a .csv file extension. It had to do with exporting linked forms and stuff. But that’s just an internal technical detail I need to work through.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.