Disable capitalization of first letter in Text

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Disable capitalization of first letter in Text

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Tapdancer
    Participant

First of all: Hello, I’m new to the community but already an enthusiast (in other words, I like this new app).

This has been an issue for me: I typically spell user names and passwords with a lower-case first letter. Selecting Text as the format for these fields automatically capitalizes the first letter, which then results in a wrong user name and password, if I don’t remember to turn it off. Particularly on a password, I may or may not capitalize that first letter, so I need to be able to deliberately capitalize it or not.

Can this be done? Can the auto-cap for the first letter be turned off?

Next issue: phone number fields. Often, but not always, I want to enter more than one number. The phone number format (nor the plain number format) wont’ let me. Only the Text format will, but that’s cumbersome, because it doesn’t format the numbers as nicely as the phone number format does. How can I get more phone numbers into one field?

Next: Pick lists. Once I select one, I think I’m stuck with it. I won’t get back to the choice to select another one, in case I want to. Is there a way out?

That’s it for today. I am enjoying this and feel with most others here that a companion program would be nice that allows me to edit on the PC. As long as that’s in the works, I will be patient.

Thank you for all your great support!

April 10, 2011 at 6:49 AM #4563

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Tapdancer,

I agree it would be good to have the ability to turn off autocorrection and auto-capitalization on a field level. I’ll see about adding this as a field option to the Text field type.

A phone number field can only take one phone number at a time. Sorry. You could always just add multiple phone number fields to your form. You’re not limited to one field of any type.

You can remove a pick list from a field by editing the form, tapping on the field, then tapping on Pick List, then tapping on “Remove Pick List from Field…”. Then you can choose another one.

Thanks!

Brendan

April 10, 2011 at 7:59 PM #4565

Tapdancer
    Participant

Thank you, Brendan, for your swift response.

Since I will never know, how many phone numbers I might need in a form down the line, I will just go the Text route and add the numbers that way. Just a few taps more, but a tailored solution.

Thanks for the pick list tip, that’s great. And thank you for considering to add a field option for the Text format.

You’re running a superb outfit. Kudos!

Cheers,

Arno

July 7, 2011 at 3:26 PM #4660

lgol27
    Participant

I was thinking about this feature lately. What do you think about adding a couple of other options: First Letter Capital For All Words, First letter capital for the first word, ALL CAPITAL?

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.