Directions for Chart?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Glen Forister
    Participant

I can’t find any directions for charts. I must be missing some basic something.

I’m having trouble getting a chart that is’t blank when trying to chart numbers (y axis) against day of year (number) or date.

January 20, 2023 at 3:01 PM #48750

Brendan
    Keymaster

Make sure that you select one or more fields on the Series fields setting. There’s a checkmark box to the left of each field in the popover. Make sure the ones that have the values you want to chart are selected. Then click the Save button. That’s all you need to do.

See my attached photo example.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    January 20, 2023 at 5:53 PM #48759

Glen Forister
    Participant

When I select “series field”, and select “save”, nothing shows up in that small window below the blank graph. The field selected = “decimal style”, “0” places.

January 20, 2023 at 7:13 PM #48762

Brendan
    Keymaster

Did you click the checkbox button just to the left of the field name on the popover before clicking the Save button?

January 20, 2023 at 7:21 PM #48764

Glen Forister
    Participant

I do select the save button (on the right). I just can’t get a field to be accepted.

January 21, 2023 at 2:31 AM #48765

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes, you’re clicking the Save button, but did you click the checkbox button? Can you send me a copy of your form template? Use the Export Form Template command so I can see how you have it configured. At the very least, post a screenshot of the same thing that I showed in my screen shot.

January 21, 2023 at 7:35 AM #48767

Glen Forister
    Participant

Sure, here it is. I’m curious, why the template and not the archive?

Attachments:
    January 21, 2023 at 9:04 PM #48775

Brendan
    Keymaster

I didn’t need the data to see if you had any fields checked on the popover. The .tff file doesn’t include data. Just the form template. And I see that you didn’t have any fields selected.

Attachments:
    January 21, 2023 at 10:08 PM #48777

Glen Forister
    Participant

Ah, those grey check boxes were so light I didn’t see them.
    Thanks. Very obvious now.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.