Dietary tracking form

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

smclure
    Participant

I’ve been looking for an app to help with a diet program I’ve been doing, when it occurred to me that I should be able to use Tapforms to build my own. This fantastic app did just the trick.

My needs were simple. I needed a way to track how many servings of basic food groups I consume each day. I wanted to have an App that would do it rather than keep track with pen and paper. I created fields for each of the field groups, and then created a pull down with .5 serving increments up to twelve.

This is working great, but the sort order of the pull down throws me off. Is there a way to fix the order?

Ideally a numeric field that can increment/decrement by tapping in defined units would make this even more friendly. I’m looking at different ways to accomplish this, maybe using sub forms or something.

In any case, I just wanted to say thanks for putting this app together. I wish I’d thought of better applications for it, when I first saw it long ago.

January 11, 2011 at 8:04 PM #4341

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello smclure,

I guess the issue you’re seeing is that Pick Lists are text values, and it’s using a text sort algorithm and not a numeric sort algorithm.

If you just used a Number field type then you’d have to type the values in each time as opposed to picking them from a pick list. Ideally it would be good to be able to tell a Pick List that it’s numeric based and provide a start, end, and increment value. If only I had a time machine and could slow down time :-) Either that or I need to clone myself :-)

I’m glad you’re enjoying using Tap Forms so far.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.