Devon

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Devon, you typed:

Hi Brendan

Have been using tapforms for auditing for the last 2 days. Have loaded pdfs through the ftp site, and created a csv import file that has the file name of the pdf, so it opens with its associated record. it all works extremely well and is going to save us alot of time.

How did you get this to link. I have purchased this app, but have to download the information to an access database. I would love to be able to have the PDF linked to the record in order to email the correct record from my PDF form.

June 26, 2010 at 12:25 AM #4110

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hmm… I’m not sure I understand you correctly. Tap Forms will attach a file to an email when you email an individual record. Is that what you’re asking for? It won’t do it for an entire list of records though. That could potentially be way too many file attachments to put into an email, so I limit this function to just the currently viewed record.

The other thing is that there’s no way to embed an attachment into a CSV file as a CSV file is just plain text. Usually file attachments are binary files.

Thanks,

Brendan

June 26, 2010 at 4:40 AM #4112

Anonymous
    Inactive

I apologize that I wasn’t clear. I conduct classroom walkthroughs on teachers. I usually have to export the data, then copy the file into a Microsoft Access database, and send it to the teacher in snapshot format

Is it possible to merge the data from the current record into a PDF form or Micoroft Word form from Tap Forms and then email the merged information to the intended recipient? In other words, I would like the information to appear to the recipient in the form as if I had sent it from my desktop in a Word form.

I hope this was a little more clear.

June 26, 2010 at 4:43 AM #4113

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Alfred,

Yes, that’s much more clear. Well, there’s nothing specific that Tap Forms would do to make this possible. But you can export your Tap Forms records as a CSV file. Then perhaps you could do some sort of mail merge or something like that in MS Word. I don’t know how you would get the data into a PDF file.

Thanks,

Brendan

July 6, 2010 at 6:41 AM #4136

dshafer
    Participant

I’m not sure this is responsive because I’m not sure I understand the question, but if you export the data from TapForms into a CSV file, you can open that CSV file in any app that understands the format (Excel, Word, etc.) and then print the resulting document (after formatting if necessary) directly to a PDF file. I know that on the Mac, this is a simple one-sep process but I think I’ve seen this done on Windows as well.

HTH

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.