Demo Software Limit entries

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Marc H
    Participant

Good morning,
    Regarding TapForms 5.
    I would need to handle files in .csv format between 100k and 300k entries. Does it work with your demo software? I can’t import more than 1000 entries. The files are between 74 and 405 MB (text only).

I’m running MacBook Pro 2016, macOS 10.15.7.

If the limit is more than 300k entries on the full version, please tell me.

THANKS.

February 11, 2024 at 2:27 PM #50475

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Marc,

There’s no limit other than you’ll find 300,000 entries will take quite a while to load in. If you’re only getting 1000 records imported from the CSV file, that implies the File Encoding setting in Tap Forms does not match the actual encoding of the CSV file you’re trying to import. Do you know what they are?

How many fields do you have in the file you’re importing?

I’ve only ever tested Tap Forms with a file of about 125,000 records. Basically the more records you have, the longer it will take to load in when you open a document and the more memory it will use. But technically speaking there’s no limit.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 14, 2024 at 7:48 AM #50485

Marc H
    Participant

I have 27 fields, about 8 of which often have a lot of text.

Indeed, the .csv documents contain errors indicated to me by the site https://csvlint.io/ (file size 200 MB maximum). The format, although in UTF-8, is indicated in ASCII-8 according to this site.
    I installed a demo of Bento on an old Mac, I managed to obtain around 2500 entries by importing a Taps Form 5 document. Quotation marks pose the most problems, because they close a field.

Next, I’m going to extract 5-10% of the data (that I need) from Bento to Taps Form.
    I will provide feedback.

Modern CSV software should also help me (or use Excel or Libre Office) for extraction and purging of problems?! Thanks you.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Marc H.
Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.