Delete record while filtered

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Frank Allan
    Participant

Hi guys
    Love the product, using it to catalogue my extensive Toy Collection. One glitch I’ve encountered on the iOS version though, when applying a filter, attempting to delete a record will cause the app to crash every single time. When using the search option, I can delete records no problem. I have tried different filters and my iPad is fully up to date. Has anyone else encountered this? Is this a known bug?
    Cheers

Frank

July 3, 2019 at 11:49 PM #35627

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Frank,

Which version of Tap Forms are you currently using?

And how are you deleting the records after you’ve got a saved search selected? There’s 2 ways. You can tap on a record, then tap the action menu, then tap on “Delete Record”. Or you can swipe left across the record on the records list view.

Also, are you in portrait or landscape orientation when you delete the record?

Thanks,

Brendan

July 4, 2019 at 7:04 PM #35641

Frank Allan
    Participant

Hi Brendan

I am on the latest iOS app version 5.3.5.

My view settings is set to to Photo Grid with Show Sections enabled. As such I used the action menu and try to delete from there. Testing it again just now, the behaviour is inconsistent, depending on what records I choose to delete. In some cases it crashes, in other examples, the app does not crash, but the record fails to delete.

Of more concern, when the app does crash, it appears to be deleting OTHER records, not the one I actually want to remove. My best guess is that some of these records may have been clones of each other at the time of creation. It’s also worth noting that I did a CSV import initially when porting from an older Database.

Without a filter applied, it all works as intended.

I work in IT so happy to work with you for troubleshooting Brendan.

Cheers

F

July 4, 2019 at 7:10 PM #35642

Frank Allan
    Participant

Sorry should have specified, I am in landscape mode.

July 4, 2019 at 7:16 PM #35643

Frank Allan
    Participant

I have recording the instance of the record deletion to prove I’m not going crazy. :p https://walfordasnau-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/fallan_walford_asn_au/Ebm-Kc2bMKxFjKPv7_XC-PsBDLxUfXD_yx9xryyYRG7eSA?e=7PnYoc

Take note of the record titled “Brushguard” that appears above the record I tried to delete. Post-crash, it is gone.

July 4, 2019 at 7:56 PM #35646

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the file.

If you’d be able to email me a backup of your document that I could experiment with that would be helpful. Send to support@tapforms.com.

So far I haven’t been able to reproduce the crash with my form and test records when in Photo Grid view with section headers enabled.

What I have noticed though is that the right side doesn’t clear the record when you delete it. I’ll have to fix that.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.