Delete from iCloud Failed

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Bob Kerr
    Participant

Hi,

I’m currently migrating 7 databases from FMP to TapForms. All is going very well so far (with 3 down, 4 to go).

I’m using Nearby syncing which is going to suit us I think. However when I set up Nearby in Preferences I’m also trying to remove iCloud syncing but when I hit ‘Delete from iCloud’ I get the following fail message:

Delete from iCloud Failed
    Error deleting record <CKRecordID: 0x7f9481695150; recordName=db-0691537c4ff44c5eaf5f29dafdbf1ab6, zoneID=Documents:__defaultOwner__>: Zone ‘Documents’ does not exist

Everything seems to be working regardless of the error message so I could just ignore it but if there’s an issue I’d like to mop it up now.

Also in the Database Documents window the entries are showing (for example):

Home Filing
    3.8 MB – iCloud

Is this something I need to fix.

Thanks.

March 19, 2019 at 2:01 PM #34062

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Bob,

You can ignore that error message. The Documents domain gets created in CloudKit when you enable iCloud for any document. If you get that error it means you never enabled iCloud for any of your documents, so it doesn’t exist, so it can’t delete the document from iCloud. You can ignore it.

The “3.8 MB — iCloud” is a bug. It shouldn’t display that if you’re using Nearby sync. You can ignore that for now too. I need to have it say Nearby when you’re using Nearby sync instead.

Thanks,

Brendan

March 19, 2019 at 11:59 PM #34064

Bob Kerr
    Participant

All good.

Thank you Brendan.

Bob

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.