Default/Synced Font settings

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Dean Harris
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Hope you’re doing well…

Not trying to be a PITA, but any chance you’ll eventually get around to correctly displaying the set fonts/sizes under List View First Row, Second Row, Edit Record View Label, View Value, Section Headings?

The iOS version continues to display [Academy Engraved LET] even though that’s not the current setting. Since I can’t sync the fonts from iOS to the desktop version, I’m doing my best to identify their default settings and match them up.

At this point, if I add text in the desktop version, after syncing, it changes the font in iOS (but only for that record) and visa versa. This results in records with 3 or 4 different sized/type fonts, depending on whether it was a new record, a modified record, created on the desktop, or created in iOS.

While I’m certainly loving this app, my hope is that it will eventually sync a little more smoothly between the desktop and iOS versions.

Thanks!

May 2, 2019 at 7:29 PM #34621

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Dean,

I’ll dig into that. When there’s no font setting specified, ya, I see that it’s defaulting to the first one in the list, which is Academy Engraved LET. But that’s not actually the font being used. The font being used is whatever the system default is, which is San Francisco, which oddly enough doesn’t show up as an option. Tap Forms simply ask the OS for a list of fonts that are installed on the device and displays them. Not sure why San Francisco doesn’t display.

But once you’ve set it to a font, it will remember your setting and go to that option.

If you’re referring to troubles syncing the Note field font though, you might want to change the Note field to be a Plain Text Note. That’s a new option I recently added. It’ll make sure Tap Forms uses whatever font you specify on the Note font setting, no matter what the Note content’s font setting is. It basically displays only the plain text version of the note and not the rich text version.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.