Default iPad photo size too large (for me)

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Default iPad photo size too large (for me)

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Jono
    Participant

Hi All

On the iPad is it possible take smaller (lower resolution) photos by default when using the built-in camera option?

At the moment the default photo size (iPad 9.7″, 2018) is 3264x2448px which is overkill for what I need. I probably only need a max size of around 800x600px.

Many thanks

July 5, 2018 at 10:00 AM #29818

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jono,

Yes it is.

Go to the Edit Form screen where you can customize the fields in your form, tap on your Photo field and then tap on the Field Options function, then tap on the Photo Size option and choose something other than original. There’s mini, small, medium, large, and original to choose from. Even large is smaller than original.

Thanks!

Brendan

July 5, 2018 at 1:39 PM #29821

Jono
    Participant

Wow, how did I miss that! That’s exactly what I was after. Thank you very much indeed. ?

July 6, 2018 at 4:24 AM #29828

Jono
    Participant

The smaller photos are working out really well. Thanks again.

Afraid I’ve got a another question!

Is there anyway to edit exported images on a Windows 10 computer (when the ‘Export Media’ option has been selected) and then import the photos back again? Alternatively is it possible to access the photo files stored in the database on the iPad?

What I’m trying to do is add a small watermark to each image, which I can easily do as a batch on the PC.

I realise it is possible to select a photo rather than use the camera, but I’m trying to think how I can streamline my workflow as much as possible, using the tools I have available.

Many thanks

July 6, 2018 at 10:57 AM #29839

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jono,

This is possible on a Mac, but not on a PC.

The reason being is the Mac version has the ability to import a CSV file along side a selected folder of Photos. As long as the name of the file in the Photos folder matches the name of the photo file referenced in the CSV file, then Tap Forms will match them up. Although I’m not sure now if it’ll replace an image that already exists or add a second copy of the image. I’ll have to look at my code. I wrote that a long time ago.

But there’s no way to do that on the iOS version. Sorry.

Brendan

July 6, 2018 at 2:05 PM #29843

Jono
    Participant

Thanks Brendan, I thought that might be the case. This might be the time for me to get a Mac – unless there’s a Windows version in the pipeline ?

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.