Default Field

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Mark Kristan
    Participant

I’m not sure if I need to make the field the default, or if there is a way to do that, but I want to change the field that the form names each record. The far left column names each form for that collection (in this case all the different motor carriers I have worked for – I create a similar but customized form for each carrier); the next column over is the one I want to make a change to, that is the column which takes the info from one particular field and inserts it there (as if to name that record), it is using the “date created” field which isn’t very helpful; then next area, to the right, is the body of each record, where you enter unique data into fields to create a record, I want the record to be called (for the middle column to take data from) what I enter into a different field, as opposed to “date created”. There is a field in each record called “Trip No”, this is the most relevant piece of data, each record should be identified by data I type into “Trip No” (a different trip number for each trip I do). Is there a way to change this? I have no idea why each record is called whatever data I enter into “Date Created”.

March 13, 2021 at 5:32 PM #43827

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

If you’re using the single column list view, then the ordering of the fields in your form determines the fields that show up in the left. The other setting is in the form under the “Single Column List View Fields” which controls how many fields will show up, line by line, in the list view.

If you’re using the multicolumn list view, you can control the ordering by clicking on the wrench and screwdriver X icon on the far right to control the order of the fields and which ones are displayed. This works for link to form fields and table fields as well in the same way.

If you want to have different ordering for the multicolumn list view, you can also create saved searches and the ordering you set for the multicolumn list view can be customised for just that saved search.

I’m a little vague on if this is quite what you’re asking for so hopefully this helps but if it doesn’t shoot back a reply and maybe add a quick screenshot as well of what you’re seeing.

March 14, 2021 at 8:40 AM #43836

Mark Kristan
    Participant

Thanks for that, Sam, that was my first thought, maybe it goes by the order of the fields in the records but I didn’t bother because it was using the second field. I made “Trip No” the first field and that is now what gets displayed to the left (much more useful).

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.