Default Field Value not Populated During .csv Import

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Default Field Value not Populated During .csv Import

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Chris Medeiros
    Participant

When I import a .csv file, new records are created in the form, but fields with a Default Value in the form are not populated. If I Add “+” a record in the form, the fields with a Default Value populate fine. Is this normal?

I searched the forum, but couldn’t find this issue.

May 8, 2020 at 9:40 PM #40526

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

Ya, the default value is only for when you press the + button to add a new record manually.

But if it’s something you will be doing frequently and require, I will consider adding it to the import process.

Are you using the Mac version? If so, you can use the Advanced Find & Replace function to fill in the values that are missing in the cells.

Just create a Saved Search that searches for records with an empty value in the field and then with the filtered list of records selected, use the Advanced Find & Replace function to search for nothing and replace the value with whatever value you want.

See attached screenshot.

Thanks,

Brendan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    May 8, 2020 at 10:11 PM #40529

Chris Medeiros
    Participant

Hey Brenden,

Thanks for your response. No need to add that to the Import. I am using the Mac version, so your suggestion of the Advanced Find & Replace function will do the job. Besides, if you add it, it’s a possibly, somewhere down the road, I’ll be asking if there’s a way to suppress it during an Import. Ha!

Take care. –Chris

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.