Default Custom Layout

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

timzu
    Participant

Is there a way to set a custom layout to be the default layout? I cannot find anything about that in the app or documentation?
    I thought there would be an option in the Form panel to set the default layout to the layout you want, but there isn’t.

February 22, 2017 at 5:41 PM #21247

Brendan
    Keymaster

No there isn’t. But Tap Forms does remember what the last selected tab was when you return to that form.

February 23, 2017 at 8:13 AM #21255

Anonymous
    Inactive

No, Like Brendan I think this is not possible.

March 21, 2017 at 2:14 PM #21637

Richard Wiig
    Participant

So it isn’t possible to export a database in the preferred layout?

March 21, 2017 at 3:33 PM #21638

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’m not sure what you mean by “export a database in the preferred layout”. If you mean can you print a record with your preferred layout selected, then yes, you can do that.

If that’s not what you mean, please clarify.

Exporting databases will generate a CSV, XLSX, or TFARC file. Pick your poison.

March 21, 2017 at 8:01 PM #21639

Richard Wiig
    Participant

I mean to IOS. I have a custom layout that I’d like to use for browsing a movies on an iPhone or iPad, but only the default layout view seems to be possible.

There is one other question I have. Is it possible to some how link externally to an Mp4 file?

March 21, 2017 at 10:58 PM #21640

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Richard,

Thanks for clarifying your question.

Tap Forms for iOS doesn’t support custom layouts. Just the Default Layout.

You can add a File Attachment field and link to an Mp4 file.

March 22, 2017 at 12:26 AM #21641

Richard Wiig
    Participant

Thanks for that, Brendan.

I’m aware of file attachments, but where they are stored is a problem for me. I have a very large dvd collection, so storing the mp4’s has to be on an external hard drive because to store them locally would would quickly use up all my space. Is it at all possible to reset where the file attachments are stored? If not, I’m wondering if there might be a way set it up with a website field and having a path to an Mp4 rather than to a website address. The problem then, I guess, would be to get the file to play.

March 22, 2017 at 1:58 AM #21642

Leo
    Participant

I guess you can try the file://<path><Filename> format in the web field?

Leo

March 22, 2017 at 5:21 AM #21643

Richard Wiig
    Participant

I don’t know. I’m thinking it might be possible by running a local server. What I’m aiming for is a Tapforms database that people can browse at their leisure and then click on a link to start the movie they’ve chosen, which would stream to the tv through airplay.

March 22, 2017 at 12:16 PM #21646

Brendan
    Keymaster

hi Richard,

On the Mac version you can use aliases on the File Attachment field to link to a file rather than Tap Forms copying the file into its database. You need to enable the multi-file option on the File Attachment field for that though. Use the arrow with the + beneath it on the File Attachment field to add an alias to a file.

March 22, 2017 at 2:36 PM #21647

Richard Wiig
    Participant

Thanks, Brendan.

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.