DB not showing in start up

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

John Harris
    Participant

Hi Brendan

I have a file which I have created by duplicating an older file. I did this because the backup function was NOT backing up latest data. Oh dear!

Here’s the problem now.
    When i load TF it always defers to an older database. What I want is to use my new database as the default dataset. How do I do this?

Note the following:
    I cannot get my preferred DB to display in the start up screen. I can navigate to the file usingn the start up screen but it will not load from there. The only way I can load the file is my way of the finder and double clicking. Brendan – how can I get my file to display in the start up screen.

Question : what is the process to configure my preferred database so it is the default database and also so that it appears on the start up screen.

Brendan, You might sense my frustration. I have invested a huge amount of energy into TF.To have the whole system hanging on a thread like this is scary. Now the file is crashing – this is after four hours work, it’s quite sickening. This data is critical. Brendan – is it possible that you can look at this DB. Can I send it to you?

John

October 5, 2016 at 9:20 AM #19941

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Of course, please send the file to me.

To get a document to appear in the main startup screen, just drag it into the window that shows the list of files. When you see the blue horizontal divider line, let go and it will be moved to that location.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.