Date/Calendar gone?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Carolyn
    Participant

For just one of my databases, I’m getting code instead of the calendar – here’s an example of what I’m seeing:

{
    date = “2017-10-06T04:00:00.000Z”;
    }

I didn’t change anything in the field or layout.
    It used to be a usually date field with the pop up calendar to fill in the date. How can I change that back and will I mess up my current dates?

November 5, 2017 at 2:27 PM #25764

Brendan
    Keymaster

That could happen if the Date field was changed to a Text field.

Is the field still a Date field?

November 5, 2017 at 3:06 PM #25768

Carolyn
    Participant

It says New Field. It’s a text field. Now I’m really confused. It should say Date Purchased and be a date field. It’s my expense database. I’ve been using the same expense field for years and have a template for each new year. I update it periodically throughout the year. Last year is fine as are the years prior.

November 5, 2017 at 3:07 PM #25770

Carolyn
    Participant

Is there a way to convert it back to a calendar without losing all the dates? I guess I can leave them as long as I can still sort by dates and add a new calendar field going forward. I’d like to know how this could happen though.

November 5, 2017 at 3:08 PM #25771

Carolyn
    Participant

All my searches via date are empty now :(

November 6, 2017 at 8:03 PM #25784

Brendan
    Keymaster

If you email me a backup of your document I can fix it for you and convert it back to a proper Date field.

November 7, 2017 at 6:12 AM #25790

Carolyn
    Participant

Thank you Brendan. I’ve already rekeyed the date fields into a new date one. Thankfully, I had only done about half the year so it wasn’t too time consuming. I just wish I knew how it switched. I haven’t done anything with the fields or layout.

November 7, 2017 at 11:19 AM #25793

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’m not sure either. I’ve not heard of spontaneous field type reassignment before without Tap Forms actually running through the code that actually changes the field type. So that’s a mystery to me.

November 7, 2017 at 1:55 PM #25799

Carolyn
    Participant

I’ll let you know if it happens again. Hopefully not! Thank you for the quick replies.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.