Date & Time field — Alerts function

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Christopher Looby
    Participant

Hi – Having used the app for years and years I have always wished for the Alerts to be made specific to the record the alert is related to and what I want to know about that Alert. The general indicator – TapForm Alert – is of some help, but would be immensely more powerful to set and see on the Alert popup specific information re: what the Alert is about. This eliminates the need to sign in each time / multiple times, to see maybe multiple Alerts that are set to go off during a day related to multiple different things.

You get it. I’d think you’ve discussed this and have a solution to handle this other than, my approach. Thanks for getting back.

October 18, 2021 at 4:21 PM #45496

Daniel Leu
    Participant

Which alert are you referring to? Utils.alertWithMessage() or reminders (Utils.addToReminders())?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Daniel Leu.
    October 18, 2021 at 5:41 PM #45498

Christopher Looby
    Participant

Hi – attached are photos showing the use of the Date and Time field turned on to provide an Alert on a day of the month and same time of day.

Let me know what else you need.

Thanks !

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    October 18, 2021 at 10:29 PM #45500

Daniel Leu
    Participant

Which TapForms version do you use?

October 19, 2021 at 8:09 PM #45507

Brendan
    Keymaster

That’s the old version of Tap Forms. In Tap Forms 5 you can type in a title for the alert which will be displayed on the notification.

October 21, 2021 at 9:34 AM #45515

Christopher Looby
    Participant

I have 5 — 5.3.20 see attached image.

How do I do what you say?

Thanks –
    Chris

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    October 22, 2021 at 11:51 AM #45521

Brendan
    Keymaster

But the screenshots you provided were from the old version, hence my response.

In Tap Forms 5 when you edit a Date & Time field you’ll see a Title field there that you can type whatever you want into.

October 22, 2021 at 2:48 PM #45522

Christopher Looby
    Participant

YEP — OK. Yes, the pix was from the old version – still on the devices. The alerts were being triggered from there. I never turned them on when installing the new version. Just thought that transferred. So turning them in in version 5 and deleting the old version completely.
    Thanks for your help!
    Chris

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.