Date Format in Date Field for Sorting?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Clint Mitchell
    Participant

Hi, I’ve not got a lot of experience with databases and I was just wondering if the following is possible in Tap Forms or database apps in general?

I have a text field called ‘Date’. When I initially created my database in Bento I input the date information as, for example: 12 October 1940. I did not need to sort the database by date as when I created it I input each record in the correct order chronologically anyway. So in effect each record was already sorted by date when the database was created. When I imported my database into Tap Forms from Bento the records imported in the same order as they were in Bento. I feel a lot more comfortable using Tap Forms and would like to sort each record by date properly now by setting the actual date field as the ‘First sort field’ incase I want to add any new records and want them to appear in the correct place chronologically amongst the existing records. This is where my lack of knowledge comes into it. Can the Tap Forms date field recognise and put in order chronologically the date format: DD Month YYYY. I presume that this is a pretty non standard date format in this day and age.

I hope the above makes sense? :)

Just one more thing: I am unsure if this is a standard list of options set out by OSX/ios so i’m not too sure if this can be changed? But when you click on a photo field and press the eye icon to enlarge the image, on the file name bar at the top of the image window, next to the ‘Open with Preview’ button there is the generic osx/ios share button. Is it possible to add ‘save image to desktop’ or simply ‘Save as’ to the list of options in the drop down list? I just think it would be quicker to get an individual image out of a Tap Forms record rather than having to open it in Preview then export it to the desktop or anywhere else for that matter.

Thanks

December 22, 2013 at 12:27 PM #8393

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Clint,

In the Mac version you can just type in the date the way you want and it will do its best to interpret the date you enter. It will get converted to the standard format provided by your Mac’s region date format settings. You can change those in the Language & Region settings in the System Preferences app.

As for getting images out of Tap Forms. You can just drag them to your desktop and Tap Forms will copy it to wherever you drop. I don’t have control over what appears in that menu. That’s a function of QuickLook.

Thanks!

Brendan

December 22, 2013 at 12:39 PM #8395

Clint Mitchell
    Participant

Thanks Brendan, have a great Christmas. :)

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.