Date Field Behavior

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Paula Breger
    Participant

Hi –
    I have a couple of forms that I use to keep track of medical visits and bills. There are several different date fields on the forms (Appt Date, Pay Date, etc) and the behavior is a little odd. Sometimes, I can type 4/5 and the field will populate with “Apr 5, 2015” which is what I expect and want. Other times, I can type 4/5 and the field will blank out. Also, if I’ve duplicated a record (which I often do for monthly bills) and I try to change the Pay Date, for example, from “Mar 20, 2015” to 4/20, it will revert back to “Mar 20, 2015” and I will need to type the full “4/20/15.” Even this behavior is inconsistent, with the shortened version sometimes being accepted and sometimes not.

Any thoughts would be helpful! I’m using a MacBook Air running Yosemite 10.10.2 and Tap Forms 3.0.3.

Thanks.
    Paula

April 6, 2015 at 8:11 PM #13303

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Paula,

Tap Forms uses Apple’s NSDataDetector technology to convert the text you type into a date field into an actual date value. It doesn’t always get it right. You’re best off to enter longer formats to help it understand. You can also use the date button popover view to enter in dates. You can also do some interesting things like “lunch tomorrow” and it will enter in 12:00 pm on tomorrow’s date.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.