data base info disappeared

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Irene Oudyk-Suk
    Participant

Something screwy is happening….

My main data base document (on my macbook pro) suddenly stopped showing up. in the bottom left there is a message “sync receiving 1321/1322” and there is stops and just keeps spinning…. I imagine it is receiving from my i-phone… All the records in my forms show “0”

March 23, 2017 at 11:26 AM #21661

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Irene,

Did you have a power failure recently on your Mac? If so, I would recommend deleting that database document and transferring it over from your iPhone again and continuing on from there. Sorry for this trouble. It seems the Mac is writing garbage into the database file when a power failure occurs. I’ve been researching this issue for a while now. It’s not just a Tap Forms issue as it is happening to other apps I have which read SQLite (the database engine Tap Forms uses) files too.

March 23, 2017 at 11:27 AM #21662

Brendan
    Keymaster

And alternatively you can also restore from a recent Time Machine or Tap Forms backup too.

March 24, 2017 at 4:37 AM #21675

This happened to me too, it was a little scary before I was able to restore from a copy on my iPhone.

March 25, 2017 at 1:26 AM #21698

Irene Oudyk-Suk
    Participant

Brendon — Not sure about a power failure. Possibly. I was in the Caribbean in an area experiencing intermittent router and/or service provider interruptions. Home now.

I did as you suggested Brendon–deleted the data base and then transferred from my iphone to my macbook. worked seamlessly! Lovely when seamless happens to a well-well-over-30ish person!

I used the directions found here:
    https://www.tapforms.com/help-mac/5/en/topic/sharing-with-another-device?q=transfer+from+iphone+to+macbook

March 25, 2017 at 11:50 AM #21705

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Irene,

Excellent. I’m glad you’re back in business.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.