Custom layouts in iOS

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

aleferr
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    have been using Tap Forms 5 for a while now and I’m very happy with the results, both in importing previous DBs from FileMaker Pro and creating new ones from scratch. I maintain the DBs on the Mac and sync with iPad and iPhone (with nearby sync working flawlessly, for me).

One feature I really miss is the use of custom layouts in iOS! So my question is: are you planning to port this feature in iOS (or at least allow to set the fields to display in the standard list view) anytime soon?

Thanks and keep up the good work!
    Alex

July 30, 2018 at 5:14 PM #30150

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Alex,

I’m not currently working on custom layouts for iOS, but as has been the case for many years now, it’s something I do want to add eventually. But just haven’t dug into that. It’s a big job.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 29, 2018 at 2:20 PM #32211

John Scoble
    Participant

Hi Brendan

I’ve just been designing a custom layout on my Mac, with the intention to use it on my iPhone or iPad.

However, I’ve now discovered that custom layouts do not transfer to an iOS device.

Have your plans for this progressed any further? I see that several people have requested this.

With best wishes

John

November 29, 2018 at 2:22 PM #32212

John Scoble
    Participant

Sorry, Brendan – brief subsequent message just to enable me to tick the box re email advice of any subsequent comments.

John

November 30, 2018 at 12:51 AM #32236

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi John,

This has been a feature request for quite a long time actually, and I’m sorry for that. I haven’t worked on it at all yet. I know the next question will be “when will you work on it?”. That I don’t have an answer to at the moment. Sorry.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 2, 2019 at 9:40 AM #33612

Graeme Sheppard
    Participant

I just wanted to register another request for custom layouts in iOS.
    I’m getting by for my use case by creating scripts to summarise information, which is a fantastic ability, but it’s a bit fiddly and not for everyone.

I do love the scripting, though.

February 2, 2019 at 12:01 PM #33614

tonyt
    Participant

Me too, +1

February 2, 2019 at 1:00 PM #33615

Daniel Leu
    Participant

+1

July 25, 2019 at 10:57 PM #36049

Ian Heath
    Participant

+1

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.