Custom Layouts for iOS

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Dean Harris
    Participant

If I create a Custom Layout in Mac, will those layouts be viewable on iOS devices or is the display in iOS limited to one label/one field per line?

For example: I would like to place logical pairs of checkboxes next to each other instead of scrolling up and down to view 6 boxes a line at a time.

Mac version:
    Line 1: Label 1 – Checkbox 1 Label 2 – Checkbox 2
    Line 2: Label 3 – Checkbox 3 Label 4 – Checkbox 4
    Line 3: Label 5 – Checkbox 5 Label 6 – Checkbox 6

iOS (or will it remain this way)
    Line 1: Label 1 – Checkbox 1
    Line 2: Label 2 – Checkbox 2
    Line 3: Label 3 – Checkbox 3
    Line 4: Label 4 – Checkbox 4

January 29, 2019 at 11:49 AM #33583

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Dean,

The iOS version displays the equivalent of the Mac’s Default Layout. With the difference between the iPhone and iPad being that the labels are on top of the values on iPhone and on the left of the values on iPad. I haven’t written custom layouts for iOS. Sorry.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 1, 2019 at 7:12 AM #34606

Simonux
    Participant

Same here, Brendan.

Just finished a 2-week project (bought Tapforms a few weeks ago, no experience) for my wife: three related forms with hundreds of records. And of course… custom lay-outs. She is allergic to computers and everything that looks like ‘data’ but completely addicted to her iPad 12.9.

I just synced the Tapforms database to an iPad for the final test and… Ow…

I would really really love to see on the iPad the custom lay-outs I already made on the Mac. No way she will use the standard ones. I’m not sure how to tell her the project has failed after this 2 week ‘vacation’.

By the way: I absolutely love Tapforms. It is easy to learn and use and very satisfying to see the results. Well, until today :-)

Regards,
    Simon

May 1, 2019 at 11:14 AM #34608

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Simon,

I’m glad you’re enjoying Tap Forms, apart from no custom layouts on iOS. Please apologize to your wife for me. My wife is a technophobe too, but does love her 12.9″ iPad too.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.