Custom Layout Tab Order Problem?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

tonyt
    Participant

Hi Brendan
    I have just set up a new form and numbered the layers for tab order. However, tabbing does not follow the order I have set? Using 3.5.9
    Any ideas?
    Tony

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    December 7, 2015 at 7:30 PM #15433

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the sample form. It seems my code that intercepts the tab key wasn’t firing when you tabbed out of a Note field.

I’ve fixed that for the 3.5.10 update.

Thanks for reporting this.

Brendan

December 8, 2015 at 10:25 AM #15440

tonyt
    Participant

Hi Brendan
    In my example it should tab all the way to the bottom of the left hand side and then go over. It tabs as far as ‘prepared’ but on the next tab jumps to ‘ingredients’ rather than going on down to ‘rating’ and ‘source’. So its not tabbing out of a note field when it doesn’t follow specified tab order?
    Cheers
    Tony

December 8, 2015 at 12:36 PM #15442

Brendan
    Keymaster

Oh right. There were actually two issues there. Tabbing from the checkbox also didn’t call my code that handles the tab ordering. I’ll have to do some more investigations with that one because it’s more tricky. The reason it’s even landing on the checkbox button is because you have the option in the Keyboard Shortcuts system preference panel set to “All Controls”. If you have it on the other option, then it won’t tab to the checkbox. Although it’s handy to do that because then you can just tap the space bar to toggle the checkbox value. I’ll have to look into that issue too.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.