csv export is blank

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Aaron
    Participant

Hello! After the recent upgrade, when I go to export my records to CSV, the resulting file is blank. This occurs on the computer and the iphone. Please advise. I have never had this problem in all the years of using this program. I export my records from one form each day for my progress notes at work. The default settings are unicode (UTF-8), comma column delimiter, line endings set to Unix (LF), number format is set to no value.

Thanks for your help.

April 1, 2014 at 6:12 PM #9592

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Aaron,

My apologies for this. It’s due to a new feature I added where you can choose which fields end up in the export. Tap Forms was supposed to set this property on all your fields to enable it by default, but it seems it didn’t.

Go to the Field Properties tab for your form, then click on each field. You’ll see an Export checkbox you can set to turn it on for each field.

Then try your export again.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 2, 2014 at 4:24 AM #9607

Aaron
    Participant

Thank you so much! I figured I was overlooking something, as every update you all have made has made a great product even better.

Thanks again,
    Aaron

April 2, 2014 at 12:15 PM #9611

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Aaron,

I’m glad you’ve got it working now.

Thanks!

Brendan

April 9, 2014 at 9:23 PM #9680

Frank Tikket
    Participant

This would be nice if there was a master checklist of what’s being exported (or emailed)… That way if your changing it up often, you go to one screen and select or deselect any and all fields instead of going in and out of each one and sometimes forgetting what is turned on and what is turned off to export. Just an idea to keep it fast & clean like the rest of the software.

April 9, 2014 at 10:56 PM #9682

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Frank,

I agree. I just added this feature to the Mac version yesterday. I won’t be able to get it into the iOS version just yet, but if you set them all up on the Mac version you can upload to iCloud and then your iOS devices will pick up the change. It’ll be much quicker that way than going through each Field Options screen in the iOS version.

Thanks!

Brendan

April 10, 2014 at 10:23 AM #9685

Frank Tikket
    Participant

Wow that’s great!!! Just wondering but did you add an “email” export to the Mac or is that just iOS? It’s a great feature, you putting it on one page is fantastic!!!

April 10, 2014 at 10:31 AM #9686

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Frank,

The email export function only on the iOS version. On the Mac version it’s simple enough to just export your records and then drag the export file to the Mail app icon to email it. On iOS it’s not possible to do that, so emailing is built-in to the app.

Thanks!

Brendan

April 14, 2014 at 10:13 PM #9697

Frank Tikket
    Participant

I noticed you made lots of nice changes that the community has discussed and requested, which is very nice customer service and developer interaction.

Any idea when we can expect to see the next update reflecting all these changes?

Thanks again so much!

April 15, 2014 at 11:34 AM #9698

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Frank,

I submitted the next update to Apple this past Saturday (April 12). The ball is in their court now.

Remember that you’ll have to use the Reset iCloud Sync command and set the encryption key to be the same on all your devices. There’s a note about that in the What’s New. You’ll see that when the updates are released.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.