Creating new form based on another form

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Siamak Moghaddam
    Participant

Hello and greetings. I am new to Tap Forms 5 and not-so-much IT literate. I have created a form that has 58 fields, mainly text fields. I now wish to create a new form based on the main form with 8 fields. Three fields will be exactly the same as the corresponding fields in the main form, and five fields will be combining other fields of the main form [for example, one field will combine name and family name to create a field for full name). I can combine fields together, I think with the calculation field. Would someone please guide me on how to start and go about this new form? Thank you.

September 7, 2022 at 7:08 AM #47925

Mike Guilbault
    Participant

If you right-click on a form, you can then choose to duplicate it or delete it. Duplicate it, and then delete or change any fields you don’t want. You could also add the 5 new fields to the original form and then simply hide the fields you don’t want to show. I’m new also, but I believe I have that right. ;)

Good luck!

September 7, 2022 at 9:49 PM #47931

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yup. That’s right Mike. You can also use the Duplicate command under the Form menu.

And Siamak yes you can use the Calculation field to combine fields. You can also use a Script field too.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.