Creating forms problem

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

stevewi
    Participant

How do I create a form based on one of the “26 included templates”? I just got TapForms for the Mac and I wanted it as a Bento replacement. I’ve puzzled out most everything except the “Mask Entry” attribute on fields. I was hoping I could create a form based on one of these templates to see an example of what this attribute does. But I can’t figure out how to use these 26 included templates. The Quick Guide only talks about the iPhone/iPad with respect to this and doesn’t talk about the “Mask” attribute at all…

Also… a bug. I created a simple form from some csv data I exported from Bento. All worked perfectly. However, when I tried to export the data to the csv file that Bento created (I expected the file to be overwritten with new data), I only got ONE line with the field titles…no data.

Thanks in advance…

SteveWi

August 13, 2013 at 3:19 PM #6429

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Steve,

To use the built-in forms, just click on the All Forms tab, select any one of the forms, then click on the + button at the bottom of the 2nd panel in the window. Alternatively press command-N or use the menu to create a New Record. That will then create a blank record with all the fields on the right side panel ready to fill in.

I’m curious about the export issue you’re having. Do you see all your records properly in the records list view before you export?

Also, if you could email me your form template, that would help me to diagnose the problem.

Thanks!

Brendan

August 13, 2013 at 4:05 PM #6430

stevewi
    Participant

Thanks… I discovered the templates soon after I posted my original message. I also discovered the operation of the “Mask” field attribute.

As for the bug, I can’t reproduce it now. I’ll let you know if I do…

Thanks for your help.

SteveW

August 13, 2013 at 5:19 PM #6431

Brendan
    Keymaster

Oh right, the Mask field function is currently only functional on the iPhone and iPad versions. I had debated whether or not it was even necessary on the Mac version. But I suppose it should be there. The checkbox is there for now for compatibility with the iOS versions.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.