Creating and editing calculation fields

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Philip Tate
    Participant

I no longer know how to edit calculation fields. There used to be an edit button that would allow me to edit the fields in the form. I’m using TF 3.0.1 on the latest Yosemite version on a Mac Mini. Please point me in the right direction.

November 21, 2014 at 6:06 AM #11850

Philip Tate
    Participant

The reason I’m asking about editing calculation fields is that with this new update the automatic calculation no longer takes place, and the only way I found in earlier versions to get it to update the result was to edit a value in the formula. Then it did a recalc. Now I can’t even edit the field. A “Recalc” button would be mighty handy and save me a lot of time.

November 21, 2014 at 7:56 AM #11851

Philip Tate
    Participant

Sorry to clutter this up, but I found how to edit the formula. Don’t know how I missed it before. My only issue now is that it’s an incredibly clumsy way to initiate a recalculation with a NOW operator for the date.

November 21, 2014 at 1:50 PM #11854

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Philip,

Don’t worry that feature will be coming back. I had to get 3.0.1 out there to fix the performance problem and that was one of the reasons for the performance drop. I will add it back as a button at the bottom or top of the records list view.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 21, 2014 at 1:58 PM #11856

Philip Tate
    Participant

Oh, thank you, thank you.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.