Create filter to detect records with no photos

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Create filter to detect records with no photos

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Greg Maletic
    Participant

I have a Photos field in my database, of type “Photo”. I want to search for records that have -no- photos, i.e., the Photos field is blank.

When I click on the filter/funnel button, every field -but- the Photos field appears. Is there a way to do what I want?

Thanks!

December 19, 2017 at 2:22 PM #26671

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Greg,

That’s something I still need to add to the search function. Tap Forms won’t let you select Photo fields at the moment. So the only way you could possibly do that is to add perhaps a Checkbox field which you click on or off depending on whether or not you have a Photo present. I know that’s kinda awkward though.

Thanks,

Brendan

December 19, 2017 at 2:24 PM #26672

Brendan
    Keymaster

Another way to know which records have a photo in them is to either switch to the multi-column list view and see the photo field thumbnail, or drag your Photo field to the first position in your form and then on the Single Column list view you’ll see the photo thumbnail appear to the left of the next field(s). So that way you’ll be able to see which records have photos and which don’t. But I agree it’s not as nice as being able to specify a search rule for it.

December 19, 2017 at 3:10 PM #26674

Greg Maletic
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestions!

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.