Create field with multiple event date history

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Create field with multiple event date history

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Richard
    Participant

I have a database of just over 1,000 members for my karate club and I’m trying to figure out how to create a “grading history” field where I can select a members rank and enter the date that they were promoted so that I can track their history and progress better. Pick list only allows me create a list of ranks I want (9th-1st kyu then 1st-5th Dan) but I can’t allocate a date to each rank. This needs to be different for each member record obviously. Do I need to create a separate field for each rank/date or is there a way of making a drop down list for the rank and just enter the dates as they progress?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

August 21, 2017 at 7:49 PM #24121

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Richard,

This sounds like the job of a Link to Form field.

You would have your Members form, and a new form to hold the Grading History fields. Then in your Members form, add a Link to Form field which links to the Grading History form.

Then for every member, you can add one or more Grading History records to it.

Take a look at the Relationships section in the online user manual here:

https://www.tapforms.com/help-mac/5/en/topic/relationships

August 23, 2017 at 9:22 AM #24152

Mike Schwartz
    Participant

Why not use a Table Field called “Grading History” and define two fields for the table, Rank and Date. The Rank field within the table can use a pick list.

— Mike

August 23, 2017 at 9:26 AM #24153

Richard
    Participant

Thanks Brendan.

That works perfectly.

August 23, 2017 at 10:50 AM #24156

Brendan
    Keymaster

Mike, there’s no such field type called Table :) (not yet anyway).

August 23, 2017 at 1:22 PM #24160

Mike Schwartz
    Participant

Must have dreamt it. Sorry. :-(

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.