Create a list?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Greg Maletic
    Participant

I’m using Tap Forms to store information about a calculator collection I own. There are about 200 calculators in the collection, and one record for each in Tap Forms.

I’m doing an exhibition soon, and I want to pick out 50 of them to show. Is there any way I can make a “list” of those I want to show, in Tap Forms?

(I know I could do it by adding a checkbox to the calculator record called “Exhibit”, then check off the calculators I want to show. But that clutters up the calculator record with information that doesn’t really have anything to do with the calculator itself. Is there some other way for me to put together this list I’m thinking of?)

Thanks.

May 26, 2021 at 5:19 PM #44463

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

Perhaps a bit heavy if it’s a one off but create a new form called “Exhibitions” and inside it you can create a link to form field to link to your main “Calculators” form and then add the calculators you want to exhibit in it. I’d probably add some extra metadata about date, location and name of the event on the off chance that this is something you do more than once (you’re going to do it once, maybe you’ll do it again another time?)

The link to form field will let you select records from your calculator form and have them show up in a table view similar to the multicolumn list view.

May 26, 2021 at 5:35 PM #44464

Daniel Leu
    Participant

For my photography shows, I use a field where I add a tag for each show a photo is shown. Then I use saved searches to select a particular show. The tag field is a comma separated list. Something along the lines like “apple, peach, strawberry”.

May 27, 2021 at 12:02 PM #44472

Greg Maletic
    Participant

These are both compelling suggestions! Thank you!

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.