Crashed while browsing ftp

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Jiayi Liu
    Participant

I just noticed today that my Tap Forms 5.3.3 (896) crashed when I tried to load the ftp url in the web browser. Sometimes when the ftp page did load, Tap Forms would crash when I clicked the folder links in the ftp page. I remember everything was working fine when I did the same thing a couple of months ago. The crashes happened on both of my iOS 11.4.1 and 12.1.1 iPads.

January 25, 2019 at 8:48 PM #33545

Brendan
    Keymaster

Make sure the http URL is provided and not the FTP URL. I just checked the web server and it still is working on iOS 12.1.3 for me. It’s been quite a while since I tried it myself. But so far so good.

January 25, 2019 at 9:34 PM #33546

Jiayi Liu
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Tap Forms works fine when the Web server is on and accessed via the http url. However, it crashes when I use the ftp url with the ftp server turned on.

By the way, I tried accessing the ftp server via “Finder > Go > Connect to Server” on my Mac, and it worked fine.

So this problem won’t affect me using Tap Forms or anything, since I use the ftp client to access the files anyways. But I just find it odd as the current version of Tap Forms only crashes when the ftp server is accessed from web browsers. Here are my experiments with different browsers in different OS’s:

Accessed from Chrome in Mac – Tap Forms crashes;

Accessed from Firefox in Mac – Firefox has trouble connecting;

Accessed from Chrome in Ubuntu – Tap Forms crashes;

Accessed from Firefox in Ubuntu – Tap Forms works fine.

All the crashes have generated Analytics Data under “Privacy > Analytics”.

January 25, 2019 at 9:58 PM #33547

Brendan
    Keymaster

I usually recommend using CyberDuck to connect to the FTP server in Tap Forms. Otherwise when using a web browser it’s best to use the web server.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.