Crash when selecting fields in a linked form

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Crash when selecting fields in a linked form

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Martin Inchley
    Participant

New database document with 8 forms.

Creating “Link to Form” fields goes fine until I bring up the Select Fields dialogue to choose which fields to show. I select just one field, click Save – and Tap Forms crashes and quits every time.

When I re-open the document, it has saved my choice. It exhibits this behaviour with every form I so far tried.

November 8, 2019 at 2:33 AM #37912

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Martin,

Which Tap Forms version are you using? I’m not seeing the crash after I add a new Link to Form field, then click the little x button at the top-right corner of the Link to Form field on the record to choose the fields to display in it.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 8, 2019 at 6:32 AM #37915

Martin Inchley
    Participant

It’s Version 5.3.8 (Build 1821).

To be sure, I created the same scenario in a different document, and using a One to Many link instead of a Join. Still crashed.

MacBook Air 2013, MacOS 10.14.6 (Mojave)

November 8, 2019 at 5:00 PM #37928

Brendan
    Keymaster

Can you please email me that document? Maybe the only difference is I’m using Catalina and not Mohave.

November 8, 2019 at 5:25 PM #37932

Martin Inchley
    Participant

Sent, by direct email.

November 16, 2019 at 8:18 AM #38063

W Baer
    Participant

I have the same issue doing the same thing. I am also on Mojave.

November 16, 2019 at 4:46 PM #38065

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi W,

Does it crash when you reduce the number of fields selected? Does it crash if you select additional fields to the list of fields?

November 19, 2019 at 7:58 AM #38098

W Baer
    Participant

It crashes when I remove fields. That happens both when I initially change from showing all the default fields to a smaller set of fields, and later when I remove selected fields from a ‘filtered’ set.

Adding fields seems to work fine, though, no crashes there.

November 20, 2019 at 9:28 PM #38140

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ok, so this is a bug that I’ve already fixed for the next update. I thought it was in the previous update, but I guess it didn’t make it into the previous update.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.