Crash when adding photo

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Scardanelli
    Participant

Just bought this lovely app and I’m very impressed. Glad I read about this on the reviews for Bento, which stopped me buying Bento (which I’m not that impressed with on the MAC anyway…). Very glad to hear there’s a MAC version of this coming eventually and that’s what convinced me to part with my money. Great though this app is it’s next to useless if you cannot use it on your main computer, where it’s much easier to enter detailed information.

Anway a couple of bugs – well one bug and one request I suppose.

When I’m in a record and go to add a photo, if I hit “cancel” the screen goes completely black and hangs sometimes. Have to hit the Home button and re-start Taps, but it starts without my passcode…

Feature request would be a way to re-order the fields. Having created an inventory for my musical instruments, I decided that some of the fields were better off further down the list, but cannot see a way to re-order them.

Cheers!

January 20, 2010 at 7:16 PM #3905

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Scardanelli,

First of all, thanks for choosing Tap Forms! Where did you see the review of Bento which mentioned Tap Forms? Just curious.

When choosing a photo and you hit cancel and the screen goes black, it’s probably just that the navigation bar just hides itself. It does this after a delay. I suppose it shouldn’t do that if there’s no photo selected yet. I’ll look into fixing that. If you tap the black area anywhere, the navigation bar should re-appear and you should be able to tap the back button to get back to the edit record screen.

Your feature request to be able to re-order fields has been in the app since day one. Perhaps it’s not as obvious as it should be. Sorry for that. Anyway, you can reorder the fields easily by customizing the form and tapping and holding on the little grab bars to the right of each field name. The grab bars look like 3 horizontal lines. You’ll see that metaphor in a lot of iPhone apps to indicate the rows can be re-ordered.

Hope that helps!

Thanks!

Brendan

January 20, 2010 at 8:06 PM #3907

Scardanelli
    Participant

Thanks so much for that! Yep, I missed the re-order bit but love it now.

The black screen now makes sense, no worries on that.

As to the recommendation for Tap Forms – it was in the reviews for the Bento app for iPhone apps, by someone calling him/herself HappyCatMachine…..review number 9 if you look at the reviews linked from the Bento app info page.

Thanks again for your input – I must say having recently moved from PC to MAC, and only a few days with an iPhone after years of Palms, I’m finding most of the reasons I held off being dealt with rather smartly! My killer database on the PC was ACT! and although I’m managing with address book on the Mac for now for my “customer relations” (gigs, press etc) I’m looking forward to finding something more like Tap Forms for my Macbook Pro. I’ve tried Bento on the Mac and though it’s OK, it doesn’t really grab me, and I can’t say why, it’s just not as intuitive as it needs to be for a musician who hates reading manuals…

So, not to put too much pressure on you Brendan but really looking forward to the release of the full-scale DB from you!!

Cheers!

Simon

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.