Crash report

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

fontana
    Participant

Hi

I have just bought an iPad, and the iPad version of Tap Forms – and very much easier it is to use too!. In the few days I have had it, it has crashed to the home screen several times. As is usual, this happens so suddenly that it is sometimes difficult to notice exactly what caused it, but at least three times now it has been this:

I have a form into which I enter data every day – a kind of journal. The first field is a Date field, and the second a text field for the day, which I pick from a list. The crash has occurred when, after selecting the date for the first field, I then tap the Day field to enter the day. This is when it crashes. It has not happened when I have tapped the picklist selector to the right of the field – only when I tap in the field itself before doing this. I have exactly the same form on the iPod Touch (I transferred it to the iPad), and it has never happened on that. The IOS on both devices is 4.2.

I hope this is reasonably clear!

My other question is just curiosity really: why does the passcode entry screen on the iPod have 1,2,3 at the top, matching all the other apps and the OS, while on the iPad version it’s at the bottom?

Many thanks for your valiant – and almost totally successful – efforts!

March 11, 2011 at 7:02 PM #4517

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Fontana,

Thanks for the crash report. I am currently working on revamping the entire edit record screen for both iPhone/iPod touch and iPad in order to make it more stable and more expandable so I can add new features to it. If the value you are entering in for the date is always the current date, you could set up the field to automatically set the current date for you. You can do that in the Field Options area for your date field by turning the “Set Current Date” switch to the ON position.

There was no numeric keypad on the iPad so I had to build my own. And on the iPad I’m using the same numeric keypad for the passcode as I use for entering in numbers. And on a calculator, the 1,2,3 are always on the bottom. On a phone, they’re on the top.

Thanks,

Brendan

March 11, 2011 at 10:20 PM #4518

fontana
    Participant

Hi Brendan

Many thanks for your speedy reply – it seems that you were already onto that one anyway!

Thanks for the tip about the date field – I didn’t know that. Is this another case of RTFM?!

Yes, the phone is the other way up from the calculator. Why, I can’t imagine.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.