Crash Problem with Tap Forms on iOS

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Chris Medeiros
    Participant

Tap Forms (v 5.3.12 (999)) works great on my iPhone to access my forms. I have found an issue though where, when I rotate my phone to Landscape mode, all is well. However, if I rotate it back to Portrait mode, Tap Forms wants nothing to do with it and crashes. The app is still running in the background after it blips off the display. It’s not a big deal, more of an annoyance. The data seems to be intact when I tap the Tap Forms app to bring it back up.

I don’t know if it’s due to the fact that my old iPhone 6 Plus is stuck in iOS 12.4.6 land.

April 14, 2020 at 11:48 PM #40327

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Chris,

I’m sorry for this trouble.

Do you have an iPad that you could test this with too? Does it also crash on the iPad when you rotate?

It doesn’t seem to crash on my iPhone 11 Pro. But I’ve got iOS 13.x on it now, so that may be a factor. Unfortunately I no longer have an iPhone 6 Plus that I can use for testing that configuration I’m afraid. If you’re able to reproduce the problem on a newer device or an iPad that may be helpful since then I would know if it was an iPhone 6 Plus issue or an iOS 12 issue.

April 15, 2020 at 7:27 PM #40338

Chris Medeiros
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

No bother. I’m so excited to have such a robust DB app on the Mac and iOS with a committed Developer.

I downloaded the Tap Forms Lite on my wife’s iPhone 8 Plus (iOS 13.3.1) and using the sample forms, it rotates in any direction all day without a problem.

Tried Tap Forms 4 Lite on my wife’s new iPad Mini (iOS 13.3.1) and it switches between portrait and landscape all day long also using the sample forms.

So, it appears to be occurring only on my particular hardware/iOS combination. If you would like me to try a different test scenario, let me know. However, if this is not a common issue, I can easily deal with this until I get a new phone in the Fall. (I just read a new iPhone SE is out, but I’m going to wait until Fall for those models.)

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.