Crash on opening TF 5.1.4 MacOs 10.12.5

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Laurent
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I suddenly cannot my DB. I have an error message saying that TF quitted and ask me to relaunch or ignore of report but still if I click relaunch nothing happens.

I have rebooted the mac, try to open a previous back up (even one of several days old), try to open the “sample form” in the documents folder of the container folder but still I am stuck. I also restored with time machine the application (still the 5.1.4 version). But nothing.

This is my work DB and i am really worried.

Would you please help me?

Thanks a lot and best regards,
    Laurent

June 22, 2017 at 3:15 PM #23569

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Laurent,

Can you please email me a copy of your most recent document and I’ll see what’s causing the crash and I can probably fix it for you.

Brendan

June 22, 2017 at 10:51 PM #23573

Laurent
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

I was in a hurry so I needed to find a way to get my DB back. Here is what I did:
    <> I deleted my DB documents in the container folder
    <> TF could then launch, so the culprit was the last iteration of my DB.
    <> Then I could restore a previous back up.
    <> In the end I lost one day of work and some hours -:(

I have been using your nice software for years and never had this happen to me. I was normally working on my DB when it happened. I remember that, just before I closed my DB yesterday, the name of one of my form disappeared in the left pane, still the form was there. I then closed the DB, the DB was backed up but then impossible to open again and the last back up did not work.

Have a ice day,
    Kind regards,
    Laurent

June 23, 2017 at 12:42 AM #23578

Brendan
    Keymaster

I think the problem was fetching the favourite records where the form name was null for one of the forms. I saw a crash come in like that today. I added some code to deal with that.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.