Crash on iOS when un-Favoriting

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Oakwine
    Participant

I use the Favorites to select the clients that I’m seeing today, so I am selecting and de-selecting Favorites frequently.

Often (but not always), when I tap the star at the top of the page to un-Favorite a record, Tap Forms locks up and has to be force quit. The star does not show as deselected when it freezes, but when I restart Tap Forms, that record has been de-Favorited as requested.

The database is a simple two table setup, one (clients) to many (sessions).

(iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.2)

June 1, 2016 at 2:57 PM #17116

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Oakwine,

Can you please try running through all of the Database Maintenance functions starting with Vacuum Database on the Database Maintenance screen in the Tools area to see if that solves the problem for you?

Thanks,

Brendan

June 1, 2016 at 3:19 PM #17117

Oakwine
    Participant

I started with Backup first, of course. ;)

A *little* better, but not completely.

When I tapped the star to de-Favorite it, it first stayed white, then flipped to grey after about 5 seconds, then flipped to hollow another 5 seconds later. However, it still locks up TapForms. Perhaps it isn’t frozen, but instead is frantically looping something which makes it appear frozen.

If I edit 3 records to turn the stars on, then go into Favorites view, it will usually fail for me at that point.

June 2, 2016 at 12:48 AM #17121

Brendan
    Keymaster

How big is your database?

June 2, 2016 at 7:00 AM #17129

Oakwine
    Participant

Not that big? 318 records in the Parent database, 499 in the Child database. When I back it up, the zip file is 2.2 MB. I’m not sure what other way to explain the size.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.