CouchDB sync issue

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

jeff chaffee
    Participant

For anyone that is way smarter than me. I have Tapforms installed on a Mac, iPhone and a iPad and have setup a couchdb for my form. I am able to add and subtract items on my phone and it will show up on the other devices but if I do anything on the ipad or the Mac the information stays there. It seems that the iPhone is the only device that can change things and the others cannot. Any ideas?

Each device has their own username and password.
    Local network.
    Latest version of Couchdb on windows10

Thanks in advance,
    Jeff

November 14, 2020 at 5:57 PM #42589

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

When you say latest version, that’s CouchDB 3.1.1?

Everything should be connected because you are getting changes but only on one direction. The replication is set up to be bidirectional (push and pull) so it’s odd that you’re only going one way.

In general the first thing I do to flush out everything is logout and log back in again via the sync preference area to trigger a full resync of the local state. That should prompt out any errors and update the sync date setting. Your last downloaded date should be more or less the current date/time and stop after a while and last uploaded should also update to the current date/time once it’s finished. Can you confirm what the values of last uploaded and last downloaded are after you do a login/logout cycle?

You mention that you’ve setup multiple users, I would double check to make sure each of those users has the same level of privileges and can read/write to the CouchDB database. A quick check of that would be to log out of one of the devices that can’t push changes with the same account as the device that is working and check to see if it works. It could be that they have global read so they can see the changes but don’t have global write or database level write. Since CouchDB 3.x, new databases are only granted access to users with the admin role so that could be your problem.

I would check the server logs to make sure there isn’t some sort of server error or conflict. Depending on what you’re doing with the document, newer CouchDB’s will reject documents that are too large which will pause sync.

November 15, 2020 at 10:41 AM #42599

jeff chaffee
    Participant

Thank you for the information you have provided. I did not know that you had to be an admin to read/write. I added each user to the admin role and now it works properly.

I thank you for taking the time to assist me.

Jeff

November 15, 2020 at 11:16 AM #42601

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

Good to hear it solved it for you :)

November 15, 2020 at 3:37 PM #42611

Brendan
    Keymaster

Admin access level is required for creating a new database. But you should be able to have regular users with the right permission level after that without giving them admin access.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.