CouchDB is running on my own 1&1 Cloud

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Pyromixer
    Participant

Oh what a work…
    The first time in my life who I’m configure a server and all this stuff.

I have now an own small cloud server. On this is installed couchDB via bitnami 1-click install. The costs for the server are about 4,99 per month in Euro.
    You get a 30GB SSD Disk and the speed is ok I think for simply database syncs.

I need many hours before the couchdb server was running. But I make all notices from my way and every step to a running system. Maybe this can help other people. You need FileZilla and a good terminal soft. I use Zoc7 for this on the Mac. Very fine terminal.

Everything is fine now, the sync with tapforms is very, very fast on 1&1 with couchdb. Very faster than iCloud!

But 1 Problem I have: How is the way to make this all safer with ssl secure? Nobody can tell me the right way. I have changed everything in the “local.ini” on the server. But TapForms say to me: No right certificate and don’t sync via ssl.

Here some screens from the 1&1 Server Dashboard:

You can grab your own cloud server at 1&1 here:

1&1 Canada

1&1 Germany

1&1 USA

March 1, 2018 at 10:18 AM #27535

Brendan
    Keymaster

Where did you get the SSL certificate from? Is it self assigned? If so, then you’ll need to install it in your Keychain and set the Trust option to “Trust Always”. You’ll need to also email the .crt file to your iOS devices, install the certificate, and then go to Settings > General > About > Certificate Trust Settings. Then tap the switch control next to your certificate to “Enable Full Trust for Root Certificates”. But that’s only required for self-assigned certificates.

May 21, 2018 at 1:00 PM #28708

nced cloud
    Participant

Hey Brendan
    Everything is fine now, the sync with tapforms is very, very fast on 1&1 with CouchDB. Very faster than iCloud!

Thanks for your Support and Comment

May 21, 2018 at 7:05 PM #28712

Brendan
    Keymaster

Excellent! That’s great to hear!

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.