Corporate iPhone – they have blocked iCloud documents

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Corporate iPhone – they have blocked iCloud documents

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

sigamy
    Participant

I just got a new iPhone from work. They are now using AirWatch MDM and they’ve installed a Profile that disables iCloud document storage. Something about security, blah, blah…

So, how do I get all my DB’s from Tap Forms Mac onto my iPhone?

What can I use a a go-forward sync strategy? Can I store my Mac db on Dropbox? I can’t find a way to change the file that tap forms is looking at.

January 18, 2013 at 2:53 PM #5858

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Sigamy,

Yikes. Well that sucks. There’s no sync strategy outside of iCloud. But you can do a backup of your data on your Mac to your Dropbox folder. Put it into the Tap Forms/Backups folder then that backup will be available to your in Tap Forms by going to the Backup & Restore area, then tapping on the action menu button then tapping on “Download from Dropbox”. Once the backup file you want is downloaded, tap on it and then tap on the Restore Backup button.

Then you’ll have all the data on your iPhone that you had on your Mac. But you’d have to do that again if you made changes on your iPhone that you want onto your Mac. Either that or email your records from your iPhone back to your Mac.

Or tell your IT department to unblock iCloud. :-(

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.