Copying when editing

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

izil
    Participant

Sorry I am such a newbie. I am building a form that is going to have over 20 different headers in it. Under each header all the information will be the same but it will be related to the header. Is it possible to make a field and copy it repeatedly with all of the settings intact. Or even better if I could put all of the fields in one heading and copy all of them repeatedly. I have been using tap forms on my iPhone since it came out. I purchased the Mac app today thinking I could cut and paste in it. So far all the editing and controls seem to be exactly the same as the app on the phone. Thanks I appreciate all of your help.

August 19, 2013 at 7:07 PM #6483

Brendan
    Keymaster

You’re right, there’s no field duplication function, but that’s a good idea. I would also be hesitant to use the same field names within the same form. If you could identify them at least with a numeric digit or something prefixing them that would help. The reason for that is the control I’m using for setting up Saved Searches on the Mac version will unique the field names in the popup list of fields. And if you have multiple fields with the same name, you won’t know which field Tap Forms will be trying to search.

August 19, 2013 at 7:08 PM #6484

Brendan
    Keymaster

One other reason to have unique field names is because if you ever import a CSV file into your form, Tap Forms uses the field name as a match key to find which field it needs to target during import.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.