Copying table field contents to a table field in another form

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Script Talk Copying table field contents to a table field in another form

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Ron Kline
    Participant

Has anyone used script to copy the contents of a table field in one form to a table field in a linked form? Is it even possible?

November 21, 2019 at 9:43 PM #38163

Daniel Leu
    Participant

This should be possible. I don’t see any reason why not.

Sam has a smart script to copy a record from one form to another. Copying from one table to another is very similar. Have a look at his script for inspiration: https://www.tapforms.com/forums/topic/script-to-copy-records-from-one-form-to-another/

November 21, 2019 at 11:44 PM #38164

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

That Sam guy knows nothing! The challenge is that there isn’t an API to get the table field ID’s so you’d have to code the mapping yourself. It’d be going into the editor to map each of the fields across manually. Certainly doable though :)

November 22, 2019 at 1:07 AM #38166

Daniel Leu
    Participant

Yeah, it takes a bit of effort….

November 22, 2019 at 1:28 AM #38170

Brendan
    Keymaster

Oh ya. I guess I’d need to add a similar API for getting fields and their IDs to the Table field like you can do with a form.

November 22, 2019 at 10:34 AM #38184

Daniel Leu
    Participant

Oh ya. I guess I’d need to add a similar API for getting fields and their IDs to the Table field like you can do with a form.

That would be very helpful!

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.