Copying Between Machines

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Mark Kristan
    Participant

I’ve done it before, I know it’s possible but I can’t figure out how I did this in the past (can’t use the share button, one machine is a mid-2010 MBP, share often work with this machine and my newish iMac and I don’t think has ever worked with Tap Forms). One of the documents (or forms or whatever, one of data bases and entries in the list of documents on the main page), one of them will be mainly populated when I’m on the road (so using the mid-2010 MBP), then I would want to update the same document on the version of Tap Forms I have on the iMac. When I successfully did this in the past, copied an updated from one machine to the other, I’m sure I used drag n drop – I think into library/containers, then probably the next folder in the tree would be called tap forms. Today I copied the document then pasted it into library, into containers, into the tap forms folder inside of containers – it still does not show up on the list of documents on the main screen (I deleted the incidence of that document that used to appear on the list on the main screen in my efforts to try to get the updated document, updated on the MBP, into that list). I have it in Documents, I can double click on it and Tap Forms opens it, but how do I get it to appear in the list of documents on the main Tap Forms screen? Both machines are running Version 5.3.4, Build 1807.

December 31, 2018 at 2:56 AM #33055

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

You can just drag the file into the main Database Documents list and Tap Forms will move the file into the proper location for you. Let go of the mouse when you see the blue horizontal line appear on the list of documents in Tap Forms. You will of course have to use some other technique to get the file over there if AirDrop does not work between your Macs.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.